Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Slight Dilemma ...

      So as some of you may know, our family is waiting to get into a three bedroom house before this next baby comes. The leasing office called me yesterday saying that they had a house available, but it's not one of the nicer ones. Currently we are number 51 on the waiting list and it keeps jumping up and down according to people's rank and need to be moved. But we're staying in the fifties so far. And I guess my question is, is it worth it to live in a house that's not your favorite, but you have the necessary space for the family...should I go for it or should I wait?....

      The new house would be three bed, two and a half bath. The closets look way smaller than the ones we have now, same amount of storage (we'd probably purchase a shed anyway), the master bedroom is slightly smaller (which is where the new little one will be in a pack and play for the first few months until he sleeps through the night then he'll be placed with Lillie), and the living area is smaller as well, but the perk is that the dining area is by the kitchen and is separate than the living room. The back yard is already fenced so we wouldn't have to pay for a fence for rex. (That saves us quite a bit of moola)

       And right now we are currently in a two bed, one and a half bath. No fence, Lillie is sleeping in the storage room, and shares our closet. No dining room, but a slightly larger kitchen. Anyways you get the idea, basically going for something that's not the best and having it now or waiting (probably until the baby is born to move) for a nicer home?

       Please let me know what you think....Here's the apt we'd be moving to, it wouldn't let me show you the floor plans, but anyways you can tell it's a little older on the outside, the inside looks kept up well.


Here's the current house we are living in....and the nicer one would look similar to this..


Anyways thanks....I'd love the input. :) :) Love you all!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's a hard choice!
I think you should definitely pray about it.
How long does it take when there are 50 people on the list, to get in? Can you stay on the list for the new one, while moving into the old one?

Baker Family said...

It's unknown about 50 she told me that there aren't any openings anytime soon, so that makes me a little worried. And no on the waiting list thing, once we move into this house then we'd have to wait a year to move into another one, but we're wanting this to be our last move until we leave. So we can make the house ours...I've been dying for that hehe. The one we're in now i haven't done anything because we knew it would be temporary. Anyways, yeah I've been praying about it, I love the feel of the neighborhood and in the backyard they have a park and common area, so hopefully we'd get to know the neighbors a little easier. It makes it hard that I can't show you the floor plans...I'll get to actually see inside the home on Monday.

Anonymous said...

I would go for it, but melissa is right! you cant make a decision like that w/o some prayer :0) good luck with that one! love and miss you lotsz!