Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just another day

Why is it as you get older the days go by so much faster? I so wish it would slow down just a little...life is so amazing!
Just the other day Lillie, Dev and I were leaving Target and I was trying to get Lillie to hurry and she kept pulling so hard on me...(they both had just had their shots and were both really irritated, but had to grab the essential wipes and diapers :)) I looked down at her ready to tell her we needed to leave now, and she stopped and said "flowers mom!" pointing to a bush right beside us and there were tiny purple flowers growing inside. At that moment I stopped and realized, why was I in such a hurry? Lillie taught me to see the small beauties in the world that we rarely take the chance to even notice. So we stopped and picked a little flower for her, she smelled it and smiled up at me. And my heart seemed to grow as I realized what Lillie just taught me.
Life goes by so quick, look and listen to all that's around you and not just rush through it trying to get to the next thing so the "to do" list is smaller. That list will always be there, and it will be ok if we don't finish everything on it today. The real important thing is to recognize those moments right in front of us, and put them in our hearts. Love you Lillie girl! 

So now for the update you've been looking forward to mama. :) Well we just recently had Devin and Lillie's Doctor appointments. Everything is looking great. Devin is a little chunk he now weighs 14lbs 4oz and is killing my back hehe. He's growing so quick and learning to "coo" and "gaa" at us. He smiles all the time and just the other day it sounded like he laughed. Too cute! Its hard to get it all on camera, but I do my best. 

Happy Boy 1and a half months
Wouldn't Stop smiling! 
Chubby Boy
Loves sleeping on the soft bed

"I love my hand"

Staring at sis

Grinnin..


Love this boy!


2 comments:

Koren Crosby said...

He is a BIG boy! but so was Lillie, I mean big girl! I'm glad you had a chance to smell the flowers! Yep time goes super fast, can't believe my oldest will be 29 in a few weeks. WHOA!
Devin sure changed since I was there, he is really looking like his dads side of the family. But thats good, boy looks like dad, girl looks like mom!:)
Love and miss you tons! give Lillie girl a big squishy from nana, and tell her i miss her.

Hollie said...

this post made me cry. Lille is such a sweetie. Cant wait to see you guys!