Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All smiles...

Recently I've decided to focus in on running to get back in shape! Oh BOY, its tough especially with the kiddos and when Daniel is out of town. I've seen him all of ten days this month and he leaves again tomorrow, so not too fun.

This morning I was super down about how Daniel has been gone a ton this month and has another trip tomorrow, but I went for a run to release some of the stress. I was running along the little path that goes along the edge of base, when I came across a runner headed towards me, but we didn't make eye contact, I didn't feel like being "a social exerciser." So I just kept running. Later on, on my way back I looked ahead of me and I saw a little boy just playing with a remote control car and I was thinking in my mind about how he was going to react to me as I passed by, was he going to run back to his house or not even make eye contact or anything. And when I was passing by, he looked up from what he was doing, moved a little to the side to let me pass and just beamed a huge smile at me and was waving enthusiastically, he was about eight or so. He didn't have to smile at a lone stranger, but he did and I smiled and wave back (a little shocked), but instantly feeling so much better, knowing that life was so wonderful no matter your circumstances.

I have my family and they love me and I love them, that right there should make me so happy and always happy. I know they are all healthy, safe, and happy. God knew exactly what I needed, it was just a little smile, and it brightened my world. So thank you little boy, who ever you are for giving me a little piece of light.


So I just wanted to say, when come across someone, even a lone stranger, don't forget to smile. You never know what impact it could have on them and how it can make a life a little brighter.


Much Love,
Katie

1 comment:

Shayla Finlinson said...

LOVE YOU KATIE!!!! Hugs!!!! and such a great reminder thanks girl!!